There are some reasons why people want to jailbreak their iPhone. You probably know well that there are some apps Apple do not approve you to install. But, when you jailbreak your device, you can install any apps that you want. Some people also jailbreak their iPhone because they can customize the interface. Jailbreak is also the solution to make iOS feels like Android. Your iPhone 5 is jailbroken, later you think that you do not like it. Perhaps, the jailbreak is unstable. Therefore, you want to remove the jailbreak and Cydia. Today, we are going to share on how to remove jailbreak on iPhone 5, which we hope can help you to solve any issue with your jailbroken device.
Steps to Remove Jailbreak on iPhone 5
Follow these steps below to remove jailbreak software from your iPhone.
- Open your computer and open iTunes on the desktop.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB cable.
- There are two options available. First, you can “Restore” an existing firmware or “Update” to get the latest version of firmware. Select your device from the list that you can find on the left side of the iTunes.
- Hold down the Shift on the keyboard. Select Restore or Update at the same time.
- There is a screen asking you to choose the IPSW firmware file that you are updating. Be sure that you choose the relevant file.
- In this step, your iPhone 5 restores to the factory settings.
- After completing the steps above, your device is no longer jailbroken. This process also removes Cydia as well as the jailbreak apps and tweaks.
- Now, you can reinstall the backed up data to your device by using iTunes.
It is possible for you to jailbreak your iPhone 5 and then remove it as many times as you need without giving any damages to your device. We have already told you on how to remove jailbreak on iPhone 5, but the most important for you is to backup your data before restoring your device.
You must do this important step if you do not want to lose any valuable data. Jailbreaking your iPhone surely can lead to some problems. It does not make your device safe, and the software stable. Jailbreaking is only the solution for those who do not mind to take a little more risk to have more control on their device.
Once you have removed the jailbreak software from your iPhone it will be in the same state as a fresh setup, and the Apple Store employees won’t be able to tell that you previously used jailbreak software.