When your iPhone won’t turn on, you must have felt worried and immediately decide that your phone is broken. But before you make sure that your phone is damaged, lots of ways you can do to fix it.
Your iPhone might have a frozen screen that doesn’t respond when you touch it or press buttons. Or maybe your iPhone begins to turn on but gets stuck during startup. Here some steps to do if your iPhone does not turn on:
Guide to Fix if Your iPhone Won’t Turn on
- You can charge your phone.
To ensure in this way, connect your Phone to the charger or on a computer with a USB cable and wait for 15-30 minutes. After 30 minutes, press the on/off button to turn on your iPhone.
- You must restart your iPhone.
If charging is not successful, then what you should do next is to restart the phone. To do this, press the on/off button for a few seconds. If the phone does not start up, allow your phone to boot up.
- Do hard reset to your iPhone.
If you have to restart your Phone and still doesn’t work, try to using a hard reset. Hard reset is used to clear more memory on your devices.
- Press the on / off button and the home button at the same time
- Holding the button for 10 seconds
- Release the button when the Apple logo began to appear and let the phone start up.
- Restore your iPhone to factory settings.
Sometimes when you’ve tried all ways to make your phone to the original condition, you will do a restore on your iPhone. Restore will erase all existing data on your mobile phone and restore to the original settings. However, if your iPhone not turn on, do the following steps:
- Plug the USB cable of your iPhon to the dock connector.
- While you attach the USB cable to the computer, press the home button.
- When your phone open the iTunes, place your iPhone in recovery mode and let recovery process to restore your phone.
You can put your iPhone into DFU mode
In some cases, your iPhone will not turn on because of the boot up. Boot up occurs when you try to install the updated iOS with a low battery. If this happens, put your phone into DFU mode.
- Connect your Phone to the computer using a USB cable
- Press the on / off button for 3 seconds
- After that, hold the on/off button and the home button at the same time for 3 seconds
- If your phone is still won’t turn on and nothing appears, it means that your phone is now in DFU mode. Follow the instructions on iTunes
You can reset proximity sensor.
The problem on your phone, rarely cause damage to the distance sensor and dimming the screen of your phone.
Press the home button and the on/off button simultaneously to restart the phone.
- Pick the Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Reset
- After you tap reset, select reset all settings to restore the original settings, but will not remove your data.
How if your iPhone still won’t turn?
If you have done all ways that we mentioned above, but it still doesn’t work, you should immediately fix it at the nearest Apple store. Before you go, make sure you check the warranty of your iPhone to save the repair costs.