When we cannot send any text messages, it feels more than like being cut off from nearest and dearest. It is like why you are using iPhone if you cannot send text messages. If you love to know something more, your iPhone is possible to have some problems you can fix, especially to make it able to send text messages again.
Steps to Fix iPhone Cannot Send Text Messages
Here are some ways you can do it to fix iPhone that cannot send text messages
- Check The Connection
There are five dots as the sign of the power of a cellular single. You are not connected to a network if you see a low number of bars or dots, or even do not see the phone company name. Therefore, you have to reset your connection, enable and disable Airplane Mode. To start, here are the steps.
- Reveal control center. To do so, swipe up from the bottom of the device screen.
- Hit the Airplane Mode icon. Once is highlighted, it means on. There will be no signal strength indicator in the top left corner, but only airplane icon.
- Wait for few seconds and hit the Airplane mode again to disable.
- Close Control Center
By following these steps, your iPhone should reconnect to the network.
- Make Sure You Send It to The Right Place
Your text cannot go through if you are not sending it to the right place. Therefore, you must check the recipient number if you are sending any messages via email address and iMessage.
- Restart Your iPhone
Before you do this, be sure that you restart your iPhone properly to avoid more problems.
- Message Type Should Be Supported
If you have problems to send text and nothing has worked from the tricks above, call your phone company and make sure they support the text you are trying to send. Some companies do not support MMS.
- Enable MMS or Group Messaging
If you wanted to send a photo or video but then failed, you need to try text a group of people. To start, below are the steps.
- Hit the Settings app
- Choose Messages
- In MMS or SMS section, the sliders next to MMS Messaging and Group Messaging are active.
- Try sending your message to test.
Check the Date and Time Settings
If your iPhone has wrong date and time information, you have to fix it because it is the culprit for some problems. Below are the steps:
- Hit the Settings app.
- Choose General.
- Choose Date & Time
- Move the Set Automatically Slider to green. Disable and then enable it again.
- Activate the iMessage
If you are sending messages by using iMessage, make sure that it is on. Check its status by following these steps.
- Head to Settings app
- Choose Messages
- iMessage should be on. Slide it to green to activate.
- Resend your text again to test.
- Update The Carrier Settings
Make sure that you have the newest version of the carrier settings. It can solve this problem.
- Update the Operating System
Operating System has latest feature enhancements as well as bug fixes. It is great to update your iOS to fix the problems.