If you found the icons on your iPhone screen has larger look, like magnified it is because someone accidentally enabled the zoom feature. This feature, designed to help people who have eyesight problems so they can see the items on the screen better, but when you accidentally turn it on, it causes issues.
Simple Tips to Fix Large iPhone Icons using Unzoom
Things to Prevent Screen Zoom On
You can prevent the screen zoom is on accidentally by turning off this feature. Here are the steps to do.
- Tap the Settings, and open it.
- Scroll down and tap General.
- Choose Accessibility (in iOS 6 and earlier, it is at the bottom of the screen while in iOS 7 and higher, it is near the top)
- Choose Zoom.
- On the Zoom screen, turn the Zoom slider to off.
How to Disable Zoom in iTunes
In case that you cannot turn it off from your iPhone, it is possible for you to disable it from your iTunes. Follow the steps below.
- Sync your iPhone to your PC.
- Click the iPhone icon (it is in the top corner of iTunes).
- While you are on the main iPhone management screen, you can scroll down the Options section and choose Configure Accessibility.
- There is a pop-up window, choose Neither in the Seeing menu.
- Choose OK.
- Resync the iPhone.
By following this step, it can restore your iPhone to normal magnification. It also prevents the enlargement to happen in the future.
It is important to know that, the Zoom feature is on the iPhone 3GS, the 3rd generation iPod touch and the newer iPad models. Therefore, it can be confusing when someone turned this feature on accidentally and you do not know what to do.
It is better for you to the methods above first. If it still does not work, it means there is a problem with your iPhone. We have no option unless to recommend you to consult Apple for help.
That is the simple tips to fix large iPhone icons. Hopefully with the tips above, you won’t need to headache anymore because the icons on your iPhone too big.