How to Fix iPhone 7 Not Charging after Getting Wet
Troubleshooting the iPhone 7 not charging is the same as other iPhone types. You only need to check first what caused the problem. After that, you can only determine which solution is suitable for charging problems on your iPhone. Nevertheless, do you know how to deal with iPhone 7 not charging after getting wet? This problem often arises for people who like to bring their iPhones to the pool or to the sea. They want to capture the beauty of the underwater world with that device. In addition, the iPhone may get wet because it accidentally falls into the water.
Troubleshooting the iPhone 7 not charging after getting wet
Whatever can happen including when you are eating and there is liquid entering your device. The most common omission is that you leave your iPhone 7 in your pocket or pants. Then, you soak and wash it. Do not be panic because this product is water resistant so it keeps able to use and charge. However, you should do some things such as the following:
- Unplug all cables (lightning cable) and turn them off first and let them dry for at least 5 hours.
- Wipe Off the water or Liquid a soft, lint-free cloth such as a lens cloth. This step is very important before opening the SIM tray.
- Dry your iPhone in the outside gently. Wipe it with the Lightning port facing downwards to remove any excess liquid.
- Do not use a sack of rice to dry your iPhone.
The fact is placing your iPhone 7 in a bag of rice can actually worsen the situation because the grain can damage the port and make it unusable.
- Have patience with do not try to switch on the iPhone before 5 hours. It is because any liquid remaining inside can damage the internals.
Those are the five steps you can take to make your iPhone 7 work again. Do not charge before 5 hours and dry completely.
7 Ways to prevent iPhone7 from getting wet
Prevent damage by avoiding the following:
- Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
- Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
- Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
- Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
- Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
- Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
- Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws
Remember that you can’t charge your iPhone in wet condition. You have to make sure your device truly dry. If the iPhone 7 is not charging because of this reason do not forget to implement the tips above.