Apple replaced the mechanical home button with a capacitive home or Touch ID button. The introduction of Home or Touch ID button goes well for the average device user, but it does not go too well for those who want to put their phones into DFU or the recovery mode. Besides, the Home button was the essential part of these processes. Understanding on how to enter recovery mode on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus means that you should understand about how to enter the DFU mode on these devices.
Before talking about how to enter the recovery mode on these devices, you should know about the difference between the DFU mode and the recovery mode. DFU stands for Device Firmware Update mode that will let your device to interface with iTunes without using Apple’s desktop software on the device. This process means to allow the device skip the iBoot process if you are from the jailbreak background. DFU mode is a good option when you want to downgrade the firmware on the devices.
Meanwhile, recovery mode shows iBoot that will put the device in a position where iTunes can restore or upgrade the OS on your device by using the latest version of iOS. If you want your iPhone 7 get into enter recovery mode, you need to follow the iPhone 7 Tips below.
Steps to Enter Recovery Mode on iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus Quickly
- Grab your device, the lighting cable, and attach the device to your Mac or PC.
- Open iTunes.
- This step has a different process from the previous iPhone model. The device connected to the computer and you must press, and then hold down the power or the lock button with the volume down (In the previous model, you must hold the Home button) button.
- The Apple logo appears on your screen and then presses the buttons that you are holding right now.
- Wait for the Apple logo until it disappears. Graphics look like a lighting cable entering the iTunes logo in the center of your screen will appear. It is the sign of the device is entering the Recovery mode.
- In this step, iTunes can produce a dialog box to confirm that the connected device is entering the Recovery mode.
Well, that is all the steps you can do to enter recovery mode on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus without issue. In this mode, it allows you to restore or upgrade your device with the compatible firmware.