Do you know what the recovery mode is? When your iPhone has damaged iOS installation or upgrade, the device enters this mode automatically. The company designs it as the solution to make sure that your device does not get more damages. Recovery mode is what you needed when you failed to update your iPhone or when your iPhone is unresponsive. Before telling you about how to enter recovery mode on iPhone 5, it is better to know the best time to enter the recovery mode on your device.
Best Time To Enter The Recovery Mode
- You are trying to update the latest version of the iOS software and your device unresponsive with a continuous restart.
- You want to restore your device from a backup, but the process is unfinished. Now, iTunes does not register the device once you connect it to your PC.
- Your device in many minutes with no change stuck on the Apple logo.
- Your Device cannot turn on when you try to update the iOS.
- You want to enter the recovery mode to fix any problem.
- You want to jailbreak your iPhone, but something goes wrong.
Steps to Enter Recovery Mode on iPhone 5
- The iTunes must run on your Mac or PC. It is the important step to make sure.
- Press and hold down the on or off button for three seconds to turn it off.
- Press and hold down the home button on your device in 10 seconds.
- Plug your device into your PC or Mac. See the Home button and what you must see is the Connect to iTunes screen.
By doing the steps above, now your device is entering the recovery mode. After understanding about the steps on how to enter recovery mode on iPhone 5, now how to get out of this mode?
Ways to Get Out of Recovery Mode
You can get out of the recovery mode by restoring or updating your device.
- There is a pop-up screen asks you to “update” or “restore” your device.
- Choose “Restore” or “Update” the device to the newest iOS; it means the device will erase all existed data. You can select the latest backup to restore.
Another way you can do to get out of the recovery mode quickly:
- Plug the device into your PC and iTunes launches and detects that your device is in recovery mode.
- Holding the On/Off together with the Home button, hold until the Apple logo appears. It makes your device starts up and exits from the recovery mode.
That is all steps on how to enter and exits the recovery mode on iPhone 5.