How to Enter DFU Mode on iPhone 5 Quickly and Easily
If you want your device gets into jailbreaking, it is possible for you to put your device into the DFU mode. DFU or Device Firmware Upgrade allows you to put your iPhone with iTunes without loading the iOS operating system (boot loader). It is the highlight to differentiate the DFU mode and the recovery mode. You can use the DFU mode for multiple things such as downgrading firmware, upgrading firmware, and rebooting tethered jailbroken device. If you have the device and want to enter into DFU mode, today we will tell you how to enter DFU mode on iPhone 5. You can read another tips on iPhone 5 Tips page.
How To Enter DFU Mode on iPhone 5
Below are the steps you can do to enter the DFU mode on your iPhone 5. Even you can use this method to iPad and iPod touch.
- You must connect your device to your computer.
- Turn your device off. To do so, hold the sleep, wake or power button and then swipe it off.
- You must hold the power button for about 3 seconds.
- After that, you can start to hold the Home button, but do not release the sleep or power button. Do this for 10 seconds.
- You can release the power button, but keep holding the Home button until the screen shows the iTunes notification that your device is entering the recovery mode.
That is all. Now, you are in the DFU mode. If you have no idea on how to get out from the DFU mode or you want to leave it, simply hold the power button and the home button at the same time so you can find the Apple logo display.
That is all guide on how to enter DFU mode on iPhone 5, and you can use this way for your iPod, iPhone, and iPad. In case, that you have a broken power or home button you can check another tutorial so you can put your iOS device into DFU mode. You can go with a great solution if you have any problem with your iPhone 5.
How to exit the DFU mode is easy. Just hold down the sleep/wake or power button and the home button at the same time and hold this position for at least ten seconds. If you see the Apple logo appears, it is the sign of leaving out the recovery mode. Now you can try by yourself. It does not bring any issue at all. Just try to get more information about the device that you are using right now.