You have an old iPhone that you want to trade because the new version of iPhone is available on the market. You cannot sell it directly, because the buyer can access all your data on that phone, including your photos, videos, emails, and other personal things. There are some important ways to do to make sure that there is no personal data left on your old iPhone and you can sell it happily. The article below will guide you to delete iPhone data before you sell it.
Steps to Delete iPhone Data Permanently
If you are going to buy a new iPhone, it is better to back up your data on the old iPhone. It helps you to restore your data to your new phone effortlessly. To backup, it depends on the version of iOS you are going with and the sync preference settings. You can backup it to your computer or to the iCloud service.
At this time, the iCloud service is the popular option to restore all things you need. However, some apps cannot support backup to this service. In addition, some old iPhones including the original iPhone or the iPhone 3G have no access to the iCloud service. The only thing you can do is to backup by using iPhone’s docking cable. If you want to backup your data through the iCloud method, you can check out the iPod or iPhone section.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer.
- Open iTunes and click on your iPhone, located on the left-hand navigation panel.
- See the iPhone’s page, located on the right side of the screen. Choose “Back up to this computer”, check the box and click.
- From the window pane (on the left side of the screen), right-click your iPhone. There is a pop-up menu and click “Back Up”.
In case that you have purchased some items on the iPhone and have not moved the purchases to your computer yet, you have to right-click your iPhone and select “Transfer Purchases” to make sure that it transfers the purchases to backup.
After the backup process completed, you can perform the following steps:
Simple Guide to Delete All iPhone Data And Settings on Your iPhone
- Go to Settings from the home screen.
- Choose the “General” Settings.
- Select the “Reset” menu.
- Hit on the “Erase All Content And Settings” menu.
- Wait, the process may needs some hours.
For some apps that allow you to authenticate your account based on the iPhone ID, you can visit the apps websites to unlink it. It is possible to unlink your new iPhone to the account right after installing the apps on the new iPhone. To avoid unwanted things, we recommend that you delete iPhone data permanently.