How to Block Unknown Calls on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
If you want to block any unknown or private numbers from calling you, it is easy to do so. Nevertheless, if you use iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, the devices have no built-in feature to block private callers or unknown calls in the settings. You only can use some apps that can help you to block unknown calls on iPhone 6, if you do not mind to pay the apps.
Some Methods to Block Unknown Calls on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
There are some ways to block hidden numbers or unknown calls as below:
- Block all calls from all numbers that are not available in your contact list. This can also block unknown and also private numbers. It means if you just have a job interview and the company calls you to inform that you are accepted but the number is not in your contact, the device is going to block their call. If you do not mind with this way, below are the steps to do:
- Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.
- Turn on Manual, select Allow Calls From and choose Contacts.
- To go back to receive all calls, turn off “Manual”.
- Ask a help to your Carrier. They can tell you about their possible options to block the private callers even if some carriers do not provide the options.
- If you get harassments calls on your device from an unknown number, the best option is to change your phone number. It helps you to get free from the caller and to make sure that you are giving your new number to some important people to avoid the unwanted phone calls.
- Some people said they were able to block the unknown numbers through iPhone’s block list, but some failed to do this method. If you have your time to try, below are the steps to do:
- Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked.
- Add the unknown number without entering any number just like how it shows up in the received calls. If the received calls show you the “Unknown Number,” add it to the block list.
With the options above, we hope that you can easily find the way on how to block unknown calls on iPhone 6 and your iPhone 6 Plus. We promise that we will share more ways if we find other options available. For more informations about blocking an unknown caller, you can go to the Apple Discussion here.